Monday, December 12, 2011

My Award Winning "I Love Chili" Recipe

I LOVE CHILI RECIPE!


This is the recipe that I won the Carmi Corn Days Chili Cook Off Taster's Choice and Most Spirit Awards. As you can tell from the picture above I dressed up like I Love Lucy so I decided to name my Chili "I Love Chili". This recipe might look a little scary with all the ingredients but it is simple to make. You can even cut down on the time and buy the frozen chopped onions and pepper mixture and use that instead of the fresh ones. This is a "thick" chili. It reminds me of a mix of Frito pie and chili when you add the Fritos.

Ingredients:
1 pkg (1-3lbs) Lean Ground Beef
1 pkg (1-3lbs) Ground Beef Chuck
1lb Italian Sausage (my secret ingredient)
2 (28oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 (15oz) can of Chili Beans
1 (15oz) can of Mild Chili Beans
1 (15oz) can of Hot Chili Beans
1 (6oz) can tomato paste
1 (6oz) can of Green chilies
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon bacon bits
4 cubes beef bouillon
1/2 cup beer ( I like to use bud light)
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon white sugar (my secret ingredient!)
Bag of Fritos
Package of Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
1. Chop all the vegetables or use the bag of frozen chopped onions & peppers.
2. Brown and crumble the packaged of lean and beef chuck meat  and the Italian sausage all together in a large pan over medium heat.
3. If you have time to let your Chili cook for about 4-6 hrs, use a big crock pot and place the meat and all the other ingredients in the crockpot and mix together. Cook on low for 4-6 hrs. If you need the chili a little sooner, place all the ingredients in a large Chili pot and cook over low-medium heat for 2hrs; let it simmer, stirring occasionally.
4. When ready to eat, top with Fritos and Cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More