Saturday, December 31, 2011

Inspired by the 1920s



Whenever I started reading The Luxe series books by Anna Godberson I couldn't put them down! Once I was done with that series I wanted more from Anna, and she had another series about the 1920s in NYC. I started reading "Bright Young Things" and ever since that book, I have been loving everything that has reminded me of the 1920s. This is some of the fashion that are inspired by the book.



First lets take a look at the 1920s:
The Roaring 20s in America — a golden age of prosperity and progress, nestled in time between two great world wars. It was a time of rebellion against the traditional ways of the past, and marked the rise of cultural and artistic movements such jazz, art deco, modernism and feminism. 

Liberated women donned scandalous flapper dresses, cut their hair short, and wore red lipstick and Shalimar.


Runway inspiration:





Inspired by 1920s

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More