Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff



I work an hour away from where I live. When I get home after work, I usually go to the gym. By the time I get home from the gym it is 7:30ish and I really have no motivation to cook. I use a lot of slow cooker recipes because they are easy for me to do. I put all the ingredients in the crock pot the night before, turn it on in the morning, come home at night and it's ready! This is one of my favorites to make.

Ingredients:
• 2-3 pounds stew meat (I like a lot of meet in mine so I tend to just buy two packs of stew meat)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

• 1 medium yellow onion, diced

• ¼ teaspoon garlic salt

• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

• 1 ½ cups beef broth
• 
1 tablespoon ketchup

• 1/3 cup flour

• 6-7 tablespoons apple juice (or water)
• 
4-8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I leave out the mushrooms cause I don't like them, lol)
• 
1/2 cup light or regular sour cream
• Cooked Egg Noodles


Directions:
1. Place the stew meat, salt, pepper and diced onion in the slow cooker. Stir to mix the seasonings and onion.
2. In a small bowl, combine the garlic salt, Worcestershrie sauce, beef broth and ketchup.
3. Pour over the meat.
4. Cook for 7-9 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
5. About 30 minutes before serving, combine the flour and apple juice in a small bowl, mix well. The combination should be thick but still pourable so add a tablespoon of apple juice or water at a time to thin, if needed.
6. Pour the flour mixture into the slow cooker, stir quickly to mix in the combination with the stew meat and juices and to avoid lumps. Add the mushrooms and stir.
7. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
8. Stir in ½ cup sour cream right before serving.
9. Serve over pasta, rice or baked potatoes.

*Freezable Meal: The leftovers of the stroganoff can be frozen. Store the leftovers in a freezer-safe container and then thaw in the refrigerator (usually takes about a day) and reheat over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More